Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Tokyo 3.5 day itinerary for August/September 2024/5/6 22:46
Hi, your help with the following draft itinerary would be greatly appreciated. We are a family of 4 (kids are older teenagers) visiting Japan for the first time in August/September for 3.5 weeks. We are flying in and out of Tokyo and have 4.5 days (2 at the beginning and 2.5 at the end) to spend in the city. One of the latter days will be spent at Disney Sea. Leaving 3.5 days to explore.

We are staying in the same Shibuya hotel each time.

We fly in late, so first day in Tokyo will be Day 1

Day 1 (Saturday) Asakusa (possible Sumo experience)/River Boat Cruise/Odaibo/Shinjuku

Day 2 (Sunday) Harajuku/Yoyogi Park/Shibuya (try for Shibuya Sky sunset tickets)

Day 3 (Thursday) is half day as we will be on the train in the morning travelling back to Tokyo from Kanazawa - I am thinking we explore Akihabara (do a Go Kart experience) and the back to Shinjuku or Shibuya

Day 4 (Saturday) Tsukiji Market, Teamlab Planets, Roppingo Hills

Apart from the hotel, nothing else is booked yet so we can be open to alternative suggestions on the above. If there is a more logical route please do let me know. I wanted to keep the first day less full on and have ready that Harajuku and Yoyogi park were best on Sundays

I wanted to fit in a river boat cruise, but wasnft sure whether to do that from Asakusa or when visiting Odaiba/Teamlabs.

Would a trip to Gotokuji temple be feasible and if so where best to fit it in?

Thank you so much in advance
by SmithyJayne  

Re: Tokyo 3.5 day itinerary for August/September 2024/5/7 15:35
Flying in and out of Tokyo....
Is it narita airport or haneda airport ?
by Yug (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo 3.5 day itinerary for August/September 2024/5/7 17:43
Hi, wefre flying in and out of Haneda airport
by SmithyJayne rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo 3.5 day itinerary for August/September 2024/5/7 18:05
To/From Haneda airport
You can buy greater tokyo pass 3 day =6000 yen,unlimited travel by non-JR railway include keikyu railway from haneda airport, yurikamo me railway for access in odaiba.worth to buy
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo 3.5 day itinerary for August/September 2024/5/7 18:13
@Jim, please stop spamming these threads with totally useless train passes that are not adapt to the OPs itinerary. There is no way to make 6000 yen ticket in 3 days pay off for the places the OP wants to visit.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo 3.5 day itinerary for August/September 2024/5/8 02:35
You are not being very detailed on how late 'late' is. But your first day it looks rather problematic (and you might be arriving dead tired after flying around the world as well). Shinjuku is an entire district, so it's not clear what you will do - you can walk around the streets for a while, plus see Odaiba (though some places have been changed or redeveloped). You could see Sensoji in the evening, though the temple itself will be closed, and the Nakamise stores close around 6 PM. But for all you list, I doubt you'll fit it all in or feel like doing all that.
For Day 2, you could also see Meiji Shrine, though the shrine garden (which nearly everyone misses) is really what makes it memorable.
https://goo.gl/MgqXu5

I rather liked Gotokuji and if you're interested, it's pretty unique and worth seeing. Most likely on your 3rd (half) day you could fit it in, as long as half a day doesn't mean arriving in Tokyo too late. It's on the west side, and a bit troublesome to get to. Akihabara might be nicer around sunset for the bright lights but you won't find that much unless you're really interested in the anime or household gadgetry. Most stores close around 7 or 8 PM. If you want to buy something, remember the voltage may be different back home.
If you want to do the go-carts, you'll need an IDP.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo 3.5 day itinerary for August/September 2024/5/15 20:05
Hi!

I re-arranged a little bit your itinerary so you can fit Gotokuji and it makes a bit more sense geographically/time-wise

Day 1: This is way too busy if you have specific plans in Odaiba. After Asakusa and cruise I'd stick to doing stuff either in Odaiba and fit Teamlab planets here.

Day 2: Don't change anything.

Day 3: You can explore Akihabara and enjoy a bit of nightlife at Shinjuku here.

Day 4: You can do Tsukiji > Gotokuji > Roppongi Hills here.
by aerond rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo 3.5 day itinerary for August/September 2024/5/15 21:06
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your time reviewing my itinerary and suggesting improvements!
by SmithyJayne rate this post as useful

reply to this thread