Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Is this normal? 2024/4/13 00:33
When going through the coe process is it normal for a school not to really contact you? Three weeks ago my school said they would start the coe process for me and my wife. I gave them my documents. They never answered my questions BUT a week later said they would look at everything. Now it's been two weeks again and no contact. Is it normal for a school to be low contact during the coe and visa process?

Or should I cut my losses and just accept this ATL position from JET?
by SilentPupsAndCups (guest)  

Re: Is this normal? 2024/4/13 04:10
Yes, It is normal. Dont worry.I also get COE after two months from my university .They, immigration staff or university/school staff are human being. Not machine.Everyday they deal with thousands of incoming students .
So they need time.they want all necessary
Documents for notification
by Max (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this normal? 2024/4/17 13:39
There is another group on this forum with people waiting for a COE for many months that don't hear back from the company/immigration.

You can't really expect the school/company to contact you every single week to update you as they have other things to do. Plus, immigration doesn't update them until more documents are needed or unless it has been processed.

Just be patient and wait until you get the COE. It's very common to wait a long time without hearing back from them.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is this normal? 2024/4/19 13:29
my school
As in you'll be a student or 'teacher'? and you wife ?

start the coe process for me and my wife... a week later said they would look at everything. Now it's been two weeks again and no contact.
unless they already submitted you/wife COE to immigration, and not heard anything from immigration, then there is no point/they don't bother contacting you. You just sit tight and wait, and occassionally check with them to scratch your itch. Same thing with JET no?

should I cut my losses and just accept this ATL position from JET?
So you already been selected for JET, then just go for it. Of all ALT 'teaching' gigs, JET is the best(pay/support but not placing). Why would you give up the JET opportunities, unless you want to be together with your wife(she applied for JET? too)
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread