Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Tax refund using non shoppers credit card 2024/4/5 13:23
Hello
I want to give my credit card to my daughter so she can shop in Japan ( she will havepin code etc)
Will she have any problem getting tax refund cause her name and my name are not identical ?

Thanks
by Shop in spring (guest)  

Re: Tax refund using non shoppers credit card 2024/4/5 13:52
Please have a family/companion card for her to use (based on your card) - when she shops and goes to the duty free counter, yes, if they ask for ID and she shows her passport, the name would not match, so that can be an issue. And in the first place, allowing someone else to use one’s card is… not good. That is what family/companion card is there for.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Tax refund using non shoppers credit card 2024/4/5 13:55
Not a good idea. It may get removed from her procession. As it's not her card.

Get her one of those travel cards. You can top it up from home as you go for her.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tax refund using non shoppers credit card 2024/4/5 22:35
it violates the terms and conditions of credit card.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tax refund using non shoppers credit card 2024/4/10 06:09
There is no "tax refund". You can shop tax free at some stores and they will only check her passport. Nobody looks at the credit card, you just stick in in the terminal and put in the pin, sometimes the pin isn't even needed.

Generally though I don't think it's a good idea to shop with someone elses credit card.
by realadry rate this post as useful

Re: Tax refund using non shoppers credit card 2024/4/10 07:16
I disagree. Several shops have tax refund counters instead of selling items tax free. Loft for example, and Donki. Department stores as well (Takashimaya for sure).

@OP
I don't recommend letting your daughter use your credit card either. But she can get the refunds in cash, which would eliminate the issue completely.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: Tax refund using non shoppers credit card 2024/4/10 12:55
Thanks you all
She will shop cash :)
by Shop in spring (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread